My Dad

On June 8, 2011 my dad retired from the United States Air Force after 31 years of service to his country. I decided to post the speech I gave at his retirement ceremony so everyone knows how proud I am. 

“Standing here at my dad’s retirement, it is crazy to think that my 20 years as a military child are coming to a close. While moving every 2-3 years and leaving friends has been no easy task, my dad has always been there reminding me that God never gives us more than we can handle. Today, I stand up here not to ask for you to put money into my bank account, or to borrow your credit card, today I’m here to thank you for showing me how to live a life that is not only respected and selfless, but that emulates God’s glory in everything you do. Because of your courage and strength in our family, I was able to experience places others can only imagine. I was able to see the world. But most importantly, I have grown into a young lady who is not afraid of change. Through you, I have learned to take each opportunity given to me and run with it, not looking back or living with regrets. Winston Churchill said we make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give.” My dad has given so much in his roles as a father, spouse, and pilot in the United States Air Force… and for that I will always say with pride that I am ‘Daddy’s Little Girl.’”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Me Under the Mistletoe.

Just Keep Swimming

Overcomer.