Worry

Have you ever found yourself worrying about anything and everything you can think of? Your life could be going great, but yet you still find something to stress over.
I hate to admit it, but I am guilty of this way too many times. For instance, the first day of class when all your teachers give you your syllabuses, I’m that girl that writes down every quiz and exam in her planner. If I notice three months from now I’m going to have four exams in one day, I’ll already start freaking out about how I’m going to be able to manage it all. THREE MONTHS in advance!
Yes. I know. It’s ridiculous.
Recently I’ve found myself back on the worry train. I have been so blessed to have been able to spend four months at home this summer with my family and create so many new relationships. Yet, the one thing on my mind is everything that could go wrong. Last night insomnia set in and I couldn’t sleep. I worried about how I was going to say goodbye to my family at the end of this month. Worried about my best friend, my brother, moving halfway across the country to pursue his lacrosse dreams. Worried about how I was going to deal with having a boyfriend 800 miles away. Worried about my fall classes. Worry. Worry. Worry.
When every day I can look at my life and count the prayers God has answered and the blessings He has given me, why am I suddenly worrying about the future?
After slowing myself down, I asked God to help me. I asked Him to show me how to let it all go. How to quit stressing about things that hadn’t even happened yet. And do you want to know His answer? He said,
“TRUST ME.”
When we find ourselves worrying about trivial things in life, God is shaking His head at us—wondering why we aren't just trusting Him.
Philippians 4:6-7 says: 
“Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.”
Looking back, I realize that all my worries were a direct result of not trusting God. He blessed me with an amazing family. Brought me into a relationship with a man that loves Jesus just as much as me. And gave me the knowledge to be able to study at one of the top universities in the country. So what reasons do I have NOT to trust that He will help me the rest of the way? Simply put—none.
At some point, we all find ourselves in the same situation. Your worries might be different than mine, but they are all a result of us thinking we control our lives. And I hate to break it to you, but you don’t. God does. Giving up that control is not easy, especially when we don’t know what road he’ll lead us down. Luckily, we serve a loving God who always wants what is best for His children. 
For now, leave your worries in the hands of Jesus, knowing that what He has in store for you is far greater than anything you could ask or imagine.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Me Under the Mistletoe.

Just Keep Swimming

Overcomer.