You Are Blessed.

 Right now it is 5:30am and I am sitting on the balcony of my hotel room patiently waiting for the sun to peak over the islands in St. Thomas. Waves crash onto the shore in the background—creating the perfect heartbeat to this morning.

As I wait, I can’t help but look out onto this beautiful resort and thank God for how much He has blessed me with. And it is honestly sad that it took traveling to a tropical paradise for me to stop and recognize His faithfulness.

More often than not, we get so caught up in the things we don’t have that we let it become the focus of our attention. We can’t see all that God has done for us because of the ONE little thing he is telling us to wait on.

“God, I really wish I had a boyfriend.”
“God, can you find me a new job.”
“God, why can’t I have a child.”

I call it "me focused." Instead of considering the fact that maybe God is trying to teach us something, we demand our prayers be answered here and now. Maybe God is working on making you a better spouse before He brings you a boyfriend. Maybe He has a new job for you, but wants you to trust in Him first. Maybe you haven’t had that child because there is a little girl in a foreign country waiting for your love.

And maybe I’m here in paradise so that God could open my eyes to how much He loves me. 

“Next time a sunrise steals your breath or a meadow of flowers leaves you speechless, remain that way. Say nothing, and listen as heaven whispers, “Do you like it? I did it just for you.”Max Lucado

Don’t wait for a vacation to paradise to realize how much God has given you---recognize it now. Thank Him for your family of five. Thank Him for your bestfriend from college. Thank Him for perfect sunsets. And even thank Him for the frozen yogurt shop down the the street.


Because He did it just for you.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Me Under the Mistletoe.

Just Keep Swimming

Overcomer.